Charterhouse School - Edinburg
Unwavering Champions for Children and Families
UMFS’ Charterhouse School is a place where Virginia’s kids with special needs can get out of their comfort zone and start to get out into the world. Our elementary, middle and high school students benefit from a proven curriculum of academic and social skills instruction. As a result, our fully accredited school has a proud history of helping students reach graduation or their goals of returning to public schools.
To ensure children receive the curriculum and individual support they need to succeed, we offer three different programs, each with its own admissions criteria, as well as additional considerations for students in need of significant behavioral support. At Charterhouse School it matters to us that our students acquire skills and opportunities to become self-sufficient and live a good life. Our approach focuses on a student’s individual academic, behavioral, social and emotional needs while addressing the four developmental needs of the Circle of Courage™—belonging, independence, mastery and generosity.
Our school is a safe haven for students where they can learn to tackle their daily challenges in a supportive, unintimidating environment. For the teachers, counselors and administrators at Charterhouse School, passion for our work comes naturally. We’re here for the kids and believe strongly in what we’re doing.
Charterhouse School is grateful to be a part of the Edinburg community and values the relationships that have been built to support its success. If you’re interested in getting involved with the school, please contact:
· Kimberli Collett, Principal | 540.984.6266 x302 | email@example.com
· Regan Laughlin, Administrative Services Manager | 540.84.6266 x301 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Help
Our school’s greatest need right now is supplies. Listed below are the supplies that are most critically needed.
· Small combination of trial sized bath/shower items (shampoo, cream rinse, tooth brush, toothpaste, rag, towel, comb) to give to students who shower at school.
· Gift cards in the amounts of $10 and $20 to use as “student accomplishment” rewards or for small student need purchases (example: shoes). Walmart would be the best gift card for this area.
· Clothing - summer clothing for boys size 5-12 and girls size 5 -12
· School supplies to open the new school year 2019-20 to include: backpacks, Crayola 8 pack marker sets, Crayola 12 pack crayon sets, pencils, pencil erasers, colored pencils, wide rule notebook paper, 2 inch three ring binders, backpacks, highlighters, whiteboard black markers, two pocket folders, and safety scissors.
If you’d like to donate supplies, please mail or drop off to:
Charterhouse School – Edinburg Campus
Attn: Regan Laughlin
508 Picadilly Street
Edinburg, VA 22824